How to choose the perfect lighting for each area in your home? Ceiling lamps, downlights, indirect lighting...
The colour of light is the key to create relaxed or active environments since it directly influences physical, mental and behavioral changes
Madrid, August 6, 2019.- The new course begins, we set new goals and it is a good time to reform or redecorate spaces. Nowadays, lighting has become a key part of the decoration that goes beyond beauty since the LED and the color temperature of the light directly influence the well-being. Circadian rhythms are physical, mental and behavioral changes that our body experiences 24 hours a day, depending on the color temperature offered by natural or artificial light.
LED lighting is an ecological and energy saving option that can offer both warm light, better suited to slow down, and white, for when we need to stay active. Today there are endless designs of lamps, soffits, wall lights... with this technology that adapts to different spaces.
In addition, innovation goes further and the luminaires have solutions for each room. Thus, for example, there are movement recognition systems for passageways, lamps that control the color and intensity of the light to adapt it to each situation and even automatic on and off systems.
If we want to favor rest or activity, it is advisable to adapt the lighting of the spaces to each action. Even if it depends on the distribution, natural light and lighting needs for each task, SÛLION professionals offer some tips to keep in mind for achieving the perfect light in each room:
• Bedrooms. In the bedrooms it is advisable a warm light whose intensity can be graduated for activities such as reading or watching television. To relax the body and mind before going to sleep it is favorable to install luminaires with warm light 3000K (yellow). This color temperature in the light is interpreted by the eye with the night and the moment of rest. “The goal is to prepare the body for sleeping and to start the segregation of melatonin that directly influences sleep cycles. Having a lamp near the bed in warm light to read a book or watch TV before going to sleep, helps to disconnect and to lower the pace of activity. However, even if it invites relaxation, the light has to be enough not to force the view during reading”, explains Eva Fernández, Product Director of SÛLION.
• Living room. We must look at the following factors: size of the room, distribution and quantity of furniture, natural light and the functions that we will give to the space. Due to the different activities for which this part of the house is lent and the hours of the day we spend in it, it is important to combine warm light for the most relaxed moments and white light for when we need to be active. “We advise to opt for ceiling pendants or ceiling lamps accompanied by indirect lights, floor or table lamps and to regulate the lighting according to what we are doing in each moment. An original and recommended option are the Gypsum,luminaires, a wall lamp that can be painted so that it perfectly integrate with the decoration or it become the key piece. In the living room it is advisable to always have different options and turn on one or another lamp, according to the needs of each moment, since to watch TV it is advisable to opt for a warm and low light, while for reading we need a direct light on the book ”, explains Fernández.
• Dining room.The dining area, either, is a space by itself, or is part of areas such as the kitchen or living room. Regardless of your location, you need a direct light on the table. Thus the ideal for dining room is to opt for a pendant lamp that, since it is extensible, it directly projects the light on the table. Some options would be Maier, an extendable lamp that can adapt to the size of the table even when they can be opened and closed; Hale, Taveda and Custolighta lamp that can be customized creating very original and creative versions filling its interior.
• Kitchen.It is a space where you need to be active, so it is advisable to opt for high intensity white light. In the kitchen you can combine direct lights in different areas, for example, an overhead light from a ceiling lamp, such as Volea with a simple and minimized design; or from recessed lights, such as Martin or Front, and/or LED luminaires above the countertop to obtain a light directly on what we cook. It is also a good idea if the lamp incorporates a motion sensor and thus turns off
• Workspace.Neutral lights favor concentration. The ideal light to study or work allows the eye to relax without overexertion. The best lighting for a study or workspace is what illuminates directly and from above or from "our head" what we are doing. “In offices or studies, it is important that the light does not produce shadows on the paper or document; Thus, if a flexo is used, left-handed people will have to place the light to their right, while the right-handed ones, to their left so that the hand itself does not generate shadow when writing. The best light to read is natural light, so choosing a luminaire that resembles it will be the most appropriate. For the study we recommend a neutral white light lamp, around 4000K which are the closest to sunlight in the central stage of the cycle. At a minimum, the light source must have 400 lumens, regardless of its technology ”, they advise from SÛLION.
• Outdoors. A way to avoid light pollution in terraces and gardens is to opt for sensor luminaires that only turn on when there is movement. The advisable thing is that they emit a neutral or cold light that allows to see well but when no one is present it turns off. In addition, outside solar energy can be used, by opting for solar luminaires without the need of wiring for the installation, that are ecological and have no operating costs. In the market there are outdoor wall lamps such as Neko that is designed for entrances to homes or garages, access roads, etc. This luminaire offers great lighting when it detects movements so its installation is recommended for sporadic lighting needs areas.
Another ecological option without installation are the spike lights to nail them in the garden. The new ones with LED light, such as Kipper or Bird by SÛLION, have a design that camouflages in the gardens and its use is simple. In addition, there exists already this type of floor luminaires without the need to nail them down, as is the case of the modelo Kipper,model, and for the wall, such as Suny. All of them have a color temperature of 4000 K and allow architectural lighting that can modify the environment and adapt the atmosphere..